NSW Production Manager
A&G is internationally recognised as Australia’s leading designer and fabricator of stainless steel vessels, and a leading national distributor of stainless steel products. With 5 facilities across each of Griffith, Mildura, Melbourne & the Barossa Valley, our Australian family-owned and operated Company has remained at the forefront of stainless-steel manufacture and design for 60 years, providing complete engineering & product solutions to customers around Australia, and abroad.
To meet the growing demand for A&G manufactured products, a rare and exciting opportunity has arisen for the newly created position of NSW Production Manager, based in Griffith, NSW.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the National Production Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of A&G’s Griffith workshops, liaising closely with workshop foremen, as well as the design team. A&G will provide you with a very attractive salary package, along with an established and well-resourced support network, as well as the right levels of guidance and autonomy that is required to be successful in the role.
To be successful, you will be able to clearly demonstrate the following;
- A strong background in the manufacturing industry;
- Extensive project and process management experience;
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving aptitude;
- An ability to read and interpret construction drawings;
- A team-oriented focus and approach;
- A “big picture” mindset for business development;
- An ability and willingness to set high standards of others and achieve results in line with KPI’s.
Principle responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with National Production Manager and workshops to meet internal deadlines and outcomes as set for NSW workshops.
- Ensuring purchased goods/pickers are supplied to the Griffith workshops in a timely manner.
- Working closely with foremen on organising day to day throughput, so that workshops are provided with the designs, parts and equipment to meet productivity and scheduling requirements.
- Liaising with transport department and ensuring NSW manufactured/produced goods/parts for transport to other branches meet internal requirements.
- Mid-level reporting on success of projects against budget, and implementing improvement programs where required;
- Liaising with Production Departments to streamline throughput, and coordinate works in line with set internal and customer schedules;
- Working with the team on ensuring fabricated goods meet quality and specification requirements.
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, apply by simply sending your confidential resume to email@example.com