Design Engineer (Mechanical / Structural)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer (Mechanical or Structural) to join our thriving team, based in Griffith, NSW.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of A&G’s manufacturing team. With Graduate Qualifications in either Mechanical or Structural Engineering, you will be accountable for the day to day engineering responsibilities of the business. A&G will provide you with an attractive salary package, along with an established and well-resourced support network, as well as the right levels of guidance and autonomy that is required to be successful in the role.
To be successful, you will be able to clearly demonstrate the following;
- A strong background in the manufacturing industry in a senior Engineering role;
- Extensive project and process management experience;
- Strong communication skills and problem-solving aptitude;
- Background in pressure vessel and structural steelwork design, with a broad knowledge of relevant standards and codes;
- An ability to read and interpret construction drawings;
- A team-oriented focus and approach;
- A “big picture” mindset for business development;
- An ability and willingness to set high standards of others and achieve results in line with KPI’s.
Your key duties in this role will be as follows;
- Establish & maintain engineering standards and processes across the company
- Ensure all work meets legislative requirements and relevant standards/codes of practice
- Ensure all designs have proper and adequate structural review
- Process and Project Management
- Develop and maintain design solutions for the benefit of customers
- Manage R&D projects to meet budgetary and innovation goals for the business
- Review and verify designs in line with Standards, legislative requirements, and Engineering best practice
- Quality Assurance management as part of a wider QA team
- Business Development and customer care
- Assist Sales Team with the preparation of tenders, design proposals and prospecting
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com